A cyberattack is a scary event. It can shut down a business, cripple a government, and even incapacitate an entire country if the right measures aren’t taken to prevent it from happening.
This Halloween, we bring you 8 spooky cybersecurity statistics that emphasize the dangers of cyber threats and urge you to prepare for the worst.
- 54% of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) say their I.T. departments are not sophisticated enough to handle advanced cyberattacks. (Sophos)
- As of February 2022, there were 8.77 million new pieces of malware circulating the Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile app stores. (AV-TEST)
- A ransomware attack takes place against a business every 14 seconds. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
- 91% of SMBs haven’t purchased cyber liability insurance, despite awareness of risk and the likelihood that they would be unable to recover from an attack. (Cybersecurity Magazine)
- Almost 89.7% of US businesses saw at least one successful cyberattack within a 12-month period. (CyberEdge Group)
- 53% of business leaders agree that remote work has made it much easier for hackers and cybercriminals to take advantage of them. (Norton)
- 50% of data breach incidents involve phishing and social engineering. (Trustwave)
- On average, only 5% of companies’ folders are properly safeguarded. (Varonis)
A large number of organizations still remain unprepared for a cyberattack – please be proactive and prepare now by contacting us – we can implement multi-factor authentication, roll out company-wide security training campaigns, and implement policies and procedures to help you keep your business and sensitive data protected.
Share this Post